- March 29, 1971 Charles Manson was convicted of 9 counts of murder and conspiracy.
- March 29, 1971 Officer William Calley was convicted of 22 counts (was 109) of pre-meditated murder of innocent civilians in a Vietnamese village called My Lai.
- Charles Manson was sentenced to death, which was overturned in 1972.
- Officer William Calley was sentenced to three years house arrest.
- There was no physical evidence proving that Charles Manson ordered the murders.
- There was an entire battalion stating that Calley ordered the slaughter of 109 civilians.
- Charles Manson is on year 42 of his life sentence.
- Officer William Calley has been a free man since 1976.